Monday 13 June 2016

‘TeeBillz was very arrogant, yet emotional’ – Tiwa Savage Talks Husband Issues In Interview With E!

On Sunday night, Tiwa Savage featured on prominent entertainment channel, E! for its new show tagged the ‘E! VIP series’ – a mini documentary on some of Africa’s best entertainers.
On the episode which features the Mavin first lady, she talked about a wide range of topics – such as her humble beginnings, her relationship with former manager/estranged hubby,Tee Billz, and more.
Here are excerpts on what she had to say on the ‘Teebillz’ topic.
Tiwa Savage revealed how TeeBillz, her former manager helped give her image a face-lift and build the Tiwa Savage brand.
The Mavin star expressed how she felt she couldn’t compete with the women in Los Angeles after she moved to the city of angels on the completion of her music course at the Berkley college of music.
She said’, “I moved to America. I went to study music at the Berkley college of music. Then I moved to L.A. Now when you move to L.A. There are a lot of beautiful people there. Their skin is glowing, their teeth is perfect, their hair is amazing and I’m like looking around and for someone who doesn’t wax, I have like a uni-brow.”
tiwad
She then met TeeBillz who became her manager and molded her into the Tiwa Savage brand we know today.
She said, “I needed to do something and I met my manager who is now my husband. He saw me and was like ‘you could be really pretty if you put an effort into it’ and I was like ‘wait what do you mean’ and he was like ‘you need to lose a little weight, wax your legs; that might be attractive. So he just literally put me through this whole program and told me that ‘the music is great, the talent is there but 80% of it is branding’. ‘So if you want to do the tom-boy thing, you have to take it to the extreme if you want to be hot and sexy you have to take it to the extreme. So I started learning how to wear heels and he basically just groomed me into the image of Tiwa Savage that we see now.”
Tiwa said it was never love at first sight with TeeBillz.
Tiwa felt Tunji Balogun aka Tee Billz was very arrogant and over confident. Due to this reason, she never saw herself getting romantically involved with him.
She said, “When I first met him I felt he was very arrogant. He was very tall, dark, handsome and very confident. He oozes that and he always expects that from me as well. So when I first met him, I didn’t fall in love. It wasn’t love at first sight. Although when he first met me, he said to me ‘so it’s either two things; I am either going to manage you or marry you. So I was just like ‘What! You are so full of yourself, I would never date you, let alone marry you’. So obviously, we decided he was going to manage me because I turned down the other option.”
However, on getting to discover another side of him, she fell for him.
She said, “We worked so closely together and I discovered this soft emotional guy. One who gave up everything for my career. He had a great business in L.A but he moved to Nigeria because he really believed in me more than I believed in myself. So gradually I just started seeing in him, this person. So it was inevitable. I tried to fight it. It can’t happen and I couldn’t help it.”
Tiwa explained how her and TeeBillz had their ‘fair share of marital ups and downs’, even narrating how they had a little argument at their wedding reception.
Of course we know what has befallen their marriage but in this documentary which was shot months before their infamous split, Tiwa discussed how they had issues like every other normal couple.
“Everybody who is married knows that there are up and downs in marriages and we had our fair share,” she said.
She further narrated how they fought on their wedding day.
“So we just had this little tiff outside and we are like arguing and everyone is like ‘welcome the beautiful bride and the groom and we are dancing in and he’s just like grumbling and it’s on camera. So everyone watching are like ‘Wait where you guys just arguing so it’s real but there are cute moments and real moments,” She told E!.


No comments:

Post a Comment